Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Good Books

I highly recommend this book:


-We are dead in trespasses and sins
-We are by nature children of wrath
-We love darkness and hate the light
-Our hearts are hard like stone
-We are unable to submit to God or please God
-We are unable to accept the gospel
-We are unable to come to Christ or embrace him as Lord
-Apart from the new birth, we are slaves to sin
-Apart from the new birth, we are slaves of Satan
The aim in this list is to give us an accurate diagnosis of our disease so that when God applies the remedy at great cost to himself, we will leap for joy and give him some measure of the glory he deserves. We will not sing with authentic amazement the words "Amazing grace, how sweet the sounds that saved a wretch like me," unless we know the nature of our "wretchedness"
-John Piper


Some good non-fiction
I couldn't put this one down.

I'm just going to warn you...this one doesn't end very happy, but it's really good

2 comments:

carsonbelmont said...

You read the Princess already? I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

I love the Princess. There are two more books to this series. They are all great!

- Ruth